posted on July 7, 2017
Position Type: Media
Description: The Bay County Chamber of Commerce seeks a student majoring in Communications to learn and assist in the implementation of its communications/marketing plan designed to promote the Bay County Chamber. The intern will report to the Vice President of Communications.
Since 1913, the Bay County Chamber has been serving the cities of Callaway, Lynn Haven, Mexico Beach, Panama City, Panama City Beach, Parker, Springfield and unincorporated Bay County. The Chamber exists to make Bay County a better place to live, work and play through our efforts in economic development, personal and professional development of our members and being a community leader while embracing Bay County’s opportunities and challenges.
We strive to create value for our membership through networking events, committee involvement, advocacy on the local, state and federal government levels and continuing education opportunities. The Chamber is a strong supporter of our military, working closely with our local installations.
The Communications Intern will learn and assist with the Communications and Events departments, as well as the Bay Chamber Foundation. The following is a list of primary duties, but the Intern will not be limited by these duties:
• Design event & informational flyers
• Assist with updates and maintaining website
• Assist with event management details including planning & execution of events
• Assist with planning, writing and photography of the quarterly publication “Bay Biz”
• Assist with bi-weekly chamber membership eBiz newsletter
• Assist with other Chamber publications as needed
• Assist with planning and implementation of Bay Chamber Annual Dinner
• Serve on Bay Chamber’s Public Relations Committee
Student should be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or public relations. Knowledge in publishing and graphic design preferred but not necessary. Internship is unpaid. Professional appearance is required. Please email a letter describing your experience and abilities as related to this position to Taylor Smith, Vice President of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starts On: July 7, 2017
Bay County Chamber of Commerce
325 W. 5th Street
Panama City, FL 32401